Sunday, January 29, 2023

Intro Blog Post

     I grew up in an environment in which wine was celebrated. Every summer, both sides of my family get together for a family vacation. Every night another couple makes dinner and also hosts "wine tasting." When I was very young, I was only allowed to smell the wines, and soon I graduated to being able to stick the tip of my finger in it and taste it that way.  Now that I can participate in wine tastings on family vacations, I have really enjoyed learning about all of the varieties of wine, and I am excited to use this course to show up my family. 

       My mom and grandma are very fond of oakey, buttery chardonnays, namely Kendall Jackson Chardonnay. My grandpa is a fan of Malbec, and my grandparents and aunt are big fans of Riesling. Because everyone in my family has very different tastes, I have been exposed to a lot of different kinds. My personal favorites are Prosecco and Dr. Loosen Riesling. I like lighter and refreshing wines who aren't son drying and bitter in my mouth. 

    I tend to avoid Red wines, as I feel like I need a water with it in order to avoid a dry mouth. I like sweeter wines, but not sickly sweet. Watermelon and strawberry wines are too sweet for me, but a Riesling or Prosecco is perfect for me. The downside, though, to sweet wines is the headache. Really, I'm open to trying all kinds of wine and learning about them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting- Gabbiano Chianti Classico

Name : Gabbiano Chianti Classico Variety : Red Wine (Sangiovese grapes)   Country : Italy Region: Chanti Classico Region Vintage Year : 200...